That’s a wrap for the regular season
With the Tampa Bay Rays clinching a spot in the Wild Card Game on Tuesday, this was probably the most meaningless game I’ve ever attended. On the other hand, it was nice to see the Blue Jays win a game solidly, even if they chose to keep Vladdy out of their lineup.
With Justin Smoak leaving the game in the seventh inning after a solid 2 for 4, 3 RBI game, the last connection with the 2015-2016 playoff-bound Toronto squad got the ovation he deserved for a solid 5-years of service.
After spending a lot of this season with this young, rebuilding Toronto Blue Jays, I wanted to share a few thoughts on what they need to do to take the next step in their rebuild.
- The Jays need to rebuild their starting rotation completedly. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an uncertain rotation, especially after they traded Stroman
- Vladimir Guerroro Jr. has so much raw talent that if he takes some time in the off-season to work on his conditioning, he will exceed expectations in 2020
- Work on the plate discipline of Teoscar and Rowdy
- Cavan Biggio needs to strike out a lot less
- Do whatever they have to do to keep Bo Bichette healthy and on the field for a full season
- They need to replace Randal Grichuk
I hope you have a great month or so enjoying the 2019 playoffs!